Missing pages, invalid files (was: [NTG-pdftex] pdfannot in xform)

Martin Schröder ms@artcom-gmbh.de
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:15:49 +0200

On 2004-07-02 09:40:57 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Currently, when one tries to include page 10 of a 9 page document, pdftex
> quits. Is it possible to continue and return an empty xform with say
> 3.141592pt by 3.141592pt dimensions?

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but what
would be the benefits? The document has an error which must be
signalled to the user.

> Also, is it possible in case of a 'fatal' error which is not that fatal, to
> finish the file so that we get at least a valid pdf file; the alternative
> is to delete the file; it's really annoying to get back a file which is
> corrupt. In that case, no file at all is better.

Agreed. I've added that as a feature request on Sarovar for
further tracking
(http://sarovar.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=87&group_id=106&atid=496)

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, ms@artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany