[NTG-pdftex] pdfannot in xform

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:40:57 +0200

The Thanh Han wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 06:09:11PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>Martin Schröder wrote:

>>>Any pattern yet?
>>>

>>no, must have been a border case
>>

>I changed it from 1.20a, so pdftex will exit with an error when a
>pdfannot ends up inside a xobject form. Before that, the result was
>unpredictable.

Currently, when one tries to include page 10 of a 9 page document, pdftex quits. Is it possible to continue and return an empty xform with say 3.141592pt by 3.141592pt dimensions?

Also, is it possible in case of a 'fatal' error which is not that fatal, to finish the file so that we get at least a valid pdf file; the alternative is to delete the file; it's really annoying to get back a file which is corrupt. In that case, no file at all is better.