[NTG-pdftex] bug or intended behaviour

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:16:20 +0100

Hi,

Why does \immediate\pdfliteral code end up as typeset text?

\pdfcompresslevel0

\starttext

\immediate\pdfliteral{\letterpercent [start]}
\pdfliteral{\letterpercent (start)}
test
\pdfliteral{\letterpercent (stop)}
\immediate\pdfliteral{\letterpercent [stop]}

\stoptext

if this is intended behaviour, it should be documented as such and
'frozen'. Also, the fact that a \pdfliteral ends up on a new line in the
output should become a frozen (intended) and documented feature (unless we
introduce \pdfcomment). [in pdf everything between % and endofline is
comment!]

Also, technically one may put text before the %PDF, but afaik we don't have
a way of doing that

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS