[NTG-pdftex] review of some paraneters in config file

Martin Schröder ms@artcom-gmbh.de
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:29:22 +0100

On 2004-02-13 11:55:01 +0100, The Thanh Han wrote:
> pdf12compliantcode

Leftover from before pdfminorversioncode. Obsolete.

> pdf13compliantcode

Extension of pdf12compliantcode :-)

> pdfminorversioncode

We need something like this. And an integer parameter was much
easier to implement than a real parameter.

> alwaysusepdfpageboxcode

ArtCom needs this for compliance with earlier pdfTeX versions
which always used the /MediaBox for included pdfs.

> pdfoptionpdfinclusionerrorlevel

Needed. But could probably be better named.

[...]

> and so on. And when we get to pdf2.0, we will have to have something
> like pdfmajorversioncode.

2.0 will need a new _very_ major version of pdfTeX, as major
version increments of pdf will break every pdf consuming
application.

Best regards
    Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, ms@artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany