[NTG-pdftex] bug in pdf inclusion / pdfetex

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:40:30 +0100

Hi Fabrice,

The latest binary you sent me fails on some pdf inclusion in a manual i'm
currently upgrading. Is there a way to trap the bug trace in windows? I get
this pop up screen which i cannot cut and paste.

figures        : dimensions of ./cols-002.pdf loaded from figurefile itself
  ./cols-002.pdf
  <./cols-002.pdf
            return code : 65280
               run time : 5 seconds

It's hard to create a test file because deleting a page changes the
location of the error.

BTW, the fact that the latest pdftex includes all file at the end

Transcript written on error.log.
  ./cols-001.pdf
  ./cols-001.pdf
  ./cols-001.pdf
  ./cols-001.pdf
  ./cols-002.pdf
  ./cols-002.pdf
  ./cols-002.pdf
  ./cols-002.pdf
  ./cols-003.pdf
  ./cols-003.pdf
  ./cols-003.pdf
  ./cols-003.pdf
  ./cols-004.pdf
  ./cols-004.pdf
  ./cols-004.pdf
  ./cols-004.pdf
  ./cols-005.pdf
etc

is a drastic change and presumes that the files didn't change; i happen to
have situations where the files are generated run time and therefore change
-) not in this case but ... was something changed to the \immediate?

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl