[NTG-pdftex] Re: 1.20b-rc5 writet1.c problem with HUGE fonts

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun Dec 12 05:14:23 CET 2004

> Hartmut's patch in all likelyhood solves the entire issue: there are
> not that many 'potentially problematic' variables in writet1.c, so the
> chance that he missed one is quite slim.

Maybe, I totally miss the point, but since the patch sets T1_BUF_SIZE to
0x10 (which is a setting that shall trigger reallocations very often,
I guess?), shouldn't it be sufficient to typeset a number of documents
or a few large documents and preview and print?

I mean, if T1_BUF_SIZE would have a value that makes reallocations happen
seldomly, I'd agree that testing is not easy, but in this case!?

Thomas