[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-242 ] Assertion failure when including pdf file without embedded fonts

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Dec 5 22:45:04 CET 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, h h extern wrote:

> > Now "!foo.pfb" will be treated by the inner pdftex workings as font
> > with name "!foo.pfb" which is not found, obviously. So pdftex munges
> > "!foo.pfb" and "foo.pfb" differently.
>
> hm, i suggest to drop the ! (since we need the first char for +-=)

the ! has been in for long time, so shouldn't it stay there for
backwards compatibility? Virtually nobody knows about the new !-less
case as it's documented nowhere, so anybody wanting this no-load feature
will use the ! sign.

And the +-= go in front of the tfm names, not the fontfile names. So +-=
doesn't collide with the ! anyway.

> and stick t < and <<

It's in my suggested patch (does the same with and without !) but this
can be left out if wanted.

Regards, Hartmut