[NTG-pdftex] feature request

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 9 15:14:35 CEST 2004

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>My name is not Hartmut, but:
>

>>Is it hard to implement something
>>
>>\pdfximage ... colorspace {...} ... {filename}
>>
>>Where the colorspace spec replaces the one present in the graphic?
>>

>I think it is hard, but if it would be done, it would be relatively easy to
>add subsampling at the same time, because the image then needs to be
>decompressed and partially interpreted anyway ...
>

>>(in addition, \pdflastximagedepth :  0 = no bitmap,  8, 16, 24, 32 =bitmap)
>>

>Keep in mind that this number does not have any relation to the used colorspace.
>PNG has 4-bit and 16-bit greyscale, for example.

I'm talking about the /ColorSpace value in:

Type /XObject
/Subtype /Image
/Width 472
/Height 591
/BitsPerComponent 8
/ColorSpace /DeviceGray
/Length 278952

I want to play with replacements of /DeviceGray for instance;
experiments so far are promising -)

For that i need access to the BitsPerComponent (i.e. per color
component) info