[NTG-pdftex] feature request

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Aug 9 14:57:47 CEST 2004

My name is not Hartmut, but:

> Is it hard to implement something
>
> \pdfximage ... colorspace {...} ... {filename}
>
> Where the colorspace spec replaces the one present in the graphic?

I think it is hard, but if it would be done, it would be relatively easy to
add subsampling at the same time, because the image then needs to be
decompressed and partially interpreted anyway ...

> (in addition, \pdflastximagedepth :  0 = no bitmap,  8, 16, 24, 32 =bitmap)

Keep in mind that this number does not have any relation to the used colorspace.
PNG has 4-bit and 16-bit greyscale, for example.

Greetings, Taco