[NTG-pdftex] MacKichan Software

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:51:25 +0200

At 18:07 11/09/2003 +0200, Martin Schroeder wrote:
>Hi,
>I recently learned that MacKichan Software is shipping pdfTeX
>(and a bunch of other web2c software, e.g. Omega) with their
>products Scientific Word and Scientific Workplace. Is there any
>contact between them and the pdfTex or web2c developers? It was
>new to me (and Hans).

since pdftex is free this is ok, but

(1) they should clearly mention it somewhere in their documentation
(2) there should be a clear indication of a version/release number

[users need to be aware of the more general tex solution as well as the
fact that they may be using an old version not adapted to the latest pdf
developments]

i suggest that you ask them for a copy of the software so that you can
check this / advise them

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl