[NTG-pdftex] Errorhandling (was: \pdfmapfile-Patch)

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel@gmx.de
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:35:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Martin Schr=F6der wrote:

> We need much better error handling and error reporting in these
> cases.
>
> I propose another internal integer: \pdffonterrorlevel.
>  0 is the current behaviour, which will just produce warnings :-(
>  1 gives an error when a pfb can not be found or a mapfile can
>    not be read or something else goes wrong. :-)

Isn't a missing pfb file always a fail, as the PDF-file would be broken
without it anyway, and one would have to repair something? If so, why
not write in t1_open_fontfile() of writet1.c instead of the warning:

        if (!t1_open())
            pdftex_fail("cannot open Type 1 font file for reading");

Or is there a case where a warning still would be ok?

Greetings Hartmut