[NTG-pdftex] pdftex.ch: pdf_set_rule() redundant output

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Thu, 08 May 2003 22:07:55 +0200

At 21:29 08/05/2003 +0200, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
>This is not a bug at all, IMHO just a little bit of redundant code in
>the pdf output: The rule-drawing by pdf_set_rule(), 2nd else clause,
>brackets also the "re f" box drawing by "q []0d 0 J" and "S Q", which is
>not required, as filling commands ignore dash and linecap info, and
>there is also nothing to Stroke. Therefore one can completely omit the
>grouping. I have tried it and could not find any difference in
>appearence.
>
>The patch would be easy, see below.

ah, this is a left over form the time that thanh and i were torture testing
the different methods with regards to rendering (printing, previewing, etc),

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl