[NTG-pdftex] Tracking Bugs, Patches and Feature Requests

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:13:49 +0200

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:24:04PM +0200, Martin Schroeder wrote:

> the pdfTeX project needs a system for tracking bugs, patches and
> feature requests (whenever I integrate all the latest patches and
> look for open bugs I fear I forget one).

Very good idea.
Also there is then one place for patches, information about
development, ... and these are not distributed about a lot
of mailing lists, newsgroups, ...

> We could of course set up the needed software by ourself, but
> there are already places that offer the needed services. I did a
> quick survey:
> - Sourceforge (http://sf.net): [...]
> - Savannah (savannah.nongnu.org): [...]
> - Berlios (berlios.de): [...]

pdftex.def is already hosted there.

>     - It seems you can't automatically get mail about new
>       bugs/patches

Also I have not found an automatic solution that only needs
to be enabled. Perhaps a cronjob can be generated there that
mails differences of the project summary page, if there are any.

>     - Management is german

An advantage ;-)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>