[NTG-pdftex] Tracking Bugs, Patches and Feature Requests

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:32:46 -0400

At 12:24 09/07/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>the pdfTeX project needs a system for tracking bugs, patches and
>feature requests (whenever I integrate all the latest patches and
>look for open bugs I fear I forget one).
>
>We could of course set up the needed software by ourself, but
>there are already places that offer the needed services. I did a
>quick survey:
>- Sourceforge (http://sf.net):
>     - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches, feature requests
>     - Limited to OSI-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
>- Savannah (savannah.nongnu.org):
>     - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches
>     - Limited to GPL-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
>     - Emphasises on freeness
>- Berlios (berlios.de):
>     - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches
>     - Not limited to OSI-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
>     - It seems you can't automatically get mail about new
>       bugs/patches
>     - Management is german
>
>It seems Sourceforge is offering the most with the least strings
>attached.
>
>I propose we set up pdfTeX at Sourceforge in the near future
>(post-Hawaii) for project management but keep the sources in the
>p4 repository at DANTE/TeXlive (it works perfectly).
>
>Comments?

maybe we schould discuss this at the next dante meeting; if i remember
right Thomas Koch has been talking to Berlios people already about setting
up something for tex projects, so we should investigate that option in mode
detail, i.e. pdftex can then be the first project there

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl