[NTG-pdftex] Tracking Bugs, Patches and Feature Requests

Martin Schroeder ms@artcom-gmbh.de
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:24:04 +0200

Hi,
the pdfTeX project needs a system for tracking bugs, patches and
feature requests (whenever I integrate all the latest patches and
look for open bugs I fear I forget one).

We could of course set up the needed software by ourself, but
there are already places that offer the needed services. I did a
quick survey:
- Sourceforge (http://sf.net):
    - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches, feature requests
    - Limited to OSI-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
- Savannah (savannah.nongnu.org):
    - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches
    - Limited to GPL-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
    - Emphasises on freeness
- Berlios (berlios.de):
    - Tracker for bugs, support requests, patches
    - Not limited to OSI-compatible software (which pdfTeX is)
    - It seems you can't automatically get mail about new
      bugs/patches
    - Management is german

It seems Sourceforge is offering the most with the least strings
attached.

I propose we set up pdfTeX at Sourceforge in the near future
(post-Hawaii) for project management but keep the sources in the
p4 repository at DANTE/TeXlive (it works perfectly).

Comments?

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS@ArtCom-GmbH.DE
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany