[NTG-pdftex] pdftex-1.11b fontmap patches

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel@gmx.de
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:14:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi pdftex fans,

there is a new experimental patch for pdftex-1.11b at:

http://www.circuitwizard.de/pdftex/patch2/pdftex-avlpatch2-newest.tgz

which is now

http://www.circuitwizard.de/pdftex/patch2/pdftex-avlpatch2-20031231-0019.tgz

News are:

1. New primitive \pdfmapline{...}, \pdfmapline{+...}, \pdfmapline{=...},
\pdfmapline{-...} allows to enter or delete single map lines. Similar
modes as with the \pdfmapfile{} command.

2. If a PDF file is to be embedded, it is now early checked, whether the
corresponding font files are available. If a font file from the map
listing is not existing, the font coming with the embedded PDF file is
used instead, without warning. The case, that a PDF file is embedded,
and then the font is missing in the final PDF file e. g. due to a typo
in the fontfile name, should not happen any more. To do this, I have
added another search tree, which contains only the names of the font
files actually requested, with path and availability info. Once a file
name with full path is in this tree, looking the full path up there
should be faster than asking the kpse_find_file() function.

3. Repaired empty \pdfmapfile{} case (which was wrong in my former
patch), and now also an empty \pdfmapline{} clears the map item list.
The mapfile warning has also gone.

4. Tidied up fm_scan_line(). Now the map line handling is clearly
separated from the map file handling.

It seems to run basically with all test files here, but the really hard
testing part, especially against all these nifty MM instance cases is to
be done. There are sooo many odd cases...

That's the "end-of-2003-patch" status from here. I would be glad, if you
find time to try it out.

Regards, Hartmut

Dr.-Ing. Hartmut Henkel
In den Auwiesen 6, D-68723 Oftersheim, Germany
E-Mail: hartmut_henkel@gmx.de
http://www.circuitwizard.de