[NTG-context] registered function call [1160]:...live/2023/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/l-sandbox.lua:87: cannot open /.: Permission denied - Alpine Linux

Carlos linguafalsa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 19:05:12 CEST 2023

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 03:43:47PM +0200, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 3/27/2023 3:31 PM, Carlos via ntg-context wrote:
>
> > mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 4 files: latinmodern-math.otf, lmroman10-regular.otf, lucidabrightregular.ttf, lucidasansregular.ttf
>
> i admit never having seen lucida ttf files (but when opentype ttf files are
> used with an afm file present then no map files are needed at all because
> we're in wide font mode and encidings are ignored)

I hadn't either.  But everything aligned and thought it was nice.

You're right that loading a map file is not needed, but If you're concerned about afm files then bring these files over to the working directory, and then mtxrun --generate the same

So yes. Even though the file was something like (intended originally to load the map file, correct?) but since the map file is no longer necessary then afm should suffice

\starttypescript [serif] [lucida] [texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightDemiBold][texnansi-lucidabrightdemibold][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightDemiItalic][texnansi-lucidabrightdemiitalic][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightItalic][texnansi-lucidabrightitalic][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightRegular][texnansi-lucidabrightregular][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [lucida] [texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansDemiBold][texnansi-lucidasansdemibold][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansDemiOblique][texnansi-lucidasansdemioblique][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansOblique][texnansi-lucidasansoblique][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansRegular][texnansi-lucidasansregular][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [mono] [lucida] [texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansTypewriterBold][texnansi-lucidatypewriterbold][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansTypewriterBoldOblique][texnansi-lucidayypewriterboldoblique][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansTypewriterOblique][texnansi-lucidatypewriteroblique][encoding=texnansi]
	\definefontsynonym[LucidaSansTypewriterRegular][texnansi-lucidatypewriterregular][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [lucida] [name]
	\usetypescript[serif][fallback]
	\definefontsynonym[Serif]          [LucidaBrightRegular]
	\definefontsynonym[SerifBold]      [LucidaBrightDemi]
	\definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]    [LucidaBrightItalic]
	\definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic][LucidaBrightDemiItalic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [lucida] [name]
	\usetypescript[sans][fallback]
	\definefontsynonym[Sans]			[LucidaSansRegular]
	\definefontsynonym[SansItalic]		[LucidaSansOblique]
	\definefontsynonym[SansBold]    	[LucidaSansDemiBold]
	\definefontsynonym[SansBoldItalic]	[LucidaSansDemiOblique]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [mono] [lucida] [name]
	\usetypescript[mono][fallback]
	\definefontsynonym[Mono]			[LucidaSansTypewriterRegular]
	\definefontsynonym[MonoItalic]		[LucidaSansTypewriterOblique]
	\definefontsynonym[MonoBold]		[LucidaSansTypewriterBold]
	\definefontsynonym[MonoBoldItalic]	[LucidaSansTypewriterBoldOblique]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [Lucida]
    \definetypeface[MyLucida][rm][serif][lucida][default][encoding=texnansi]
	\definetypeface[MyLucida][ss][sans][lucida][default][encoding=texnansi]
	\definetypeface[MyLucida][tt][mono][lucida][default][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

and not with the file specification as in:

\starttypescript [mylucidaserif] % or mylucidasans
  \definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightRegular]    [file:LucidaBrightRegular]
  \definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightItalic]     [file:LucidaBrightItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[LucidaBrightBold]       [file:LucidaBrightDemiBold]
\stoptypescript

and \setups[font:fallback:serif:sans] wouldn't be needed either

you'd end up with

mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: en::1, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 4 files: lucidabrightregular.otf, lucidasansregular.otf, latinmodern-math.otf, lmroman10-regular.otf
mkiv lua stats  > font engine: otf 3.133, afm 1.513, tfm 1.000, 12 instances, 5 shared in backend, 3 common vectors, 2 common hashes, load time 0.306 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > math tweaking time: 0.055 seconds, 12 math goodie tables

> > mkiv lua stats  > font engine: otf 3.133, afm 1.513, tfm 1.000, 12 instances, 5 shared in backend, 3 common vectors, 2 common hashes, load time 16.898 seconds
> > mkiv lua stats  > math tweaking time: 0.102 seconds, 12 math goodie tables
> > mkiv lua stats  > font embedding time: 0.004 seconds, 2 fonts
>
> i assume that you don't get this 16 seconds load time each run

You're correct. That's why you recommended to use otf first .