[NTG-context] natural table oddities
Henning Hraban Ramm
texml at fiee.net
Tue Mar 14 17:50:15 CET 2023
Working on the documentation for ânatural tablesâ I stumbled upon a few
Iâd like to know if there are misunderstandings on my part or if the
behavior is intentional.
BTW enattab.pdf is missing in the LMTX distribution.
* before/after/inbetween values donât appear anywhere.
* spaceinbetween should insert between rows, but nothing happens.
* splitoffset doesnât seem to change anything.
* Whatâs samepage for?
## Addressing cells
* Itâs not possible to address single cells with \setupTABLE, or is it?
* Thereâs \setupTABLE[header], but not "footer" (or "section"); since we
have TABLEhead and TABLEfoot, IMO "head" and "foot" would make sense.
* Row 1 is the first row of TABLEbody. I couldnât find how to address
the first line of TABLEbody.
* Is it possible, and how, to use odd/even only for the body?
* If I format a column, e.g. \setupTABLE[c][-1][color=red], body and
foot are formatted, but not the same column in header. (I found out, if
I use TD instead of TH in the header, it works.)
* I donât understand the addressing options "start" and "one".
* maxwidth doesnât seem to have an effect, neither on the whole table
nor on a column.
* textwidth works only for the whole table.
* width gets stretched if option=stretch; i.e. you canât fix the width
of single cells or columns.
## Page breaking
* Whatâs the difference between [split=repeat] and
[split=yes,header=repeat], i.e. which sense makes the header option)?
* Is there an option to repeat the footer (as the last line of each
page)? (Iâd imagine to use it in an invoice or similar calculation for a
subtotal â that would imply some more magicâ¦)
More information about the ntg-context