[NTG-context] regular online meet-up
Henning Hraban Ramm
texml at fiee.net
Fri Jan 6 15:34:06 CET 2023
Youâre invited to join on Wednesday, January 11th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
(same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
Next meeting will be on February 8th.
(Same blurb as every time:)
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name,
* click "join" (or "start" if youâre the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
* If youâd like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
then youâll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
also thereâs now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so donât kill someone
* Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
* Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
* If audio/video doesnât work for you, you can still use the text chat.
* Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
* BigBlueButton documentation applies:
* Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
with anonymous lurkers.
* Mute your microphone while youâre not talking.
* Itâs nice to show your face at least when you join.
* If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
* The room is set to âeveryoneâs a moderatorâ, I trust you...
See you, Hraban
More information about the ntg-context