[NTG-context] Font expansion enabled by default with the latest upload

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Mon Nov 21 10:20:52 CET 2022

Hi Hans,

Font expansion (hz) seems to be enabled by default with the latest
upload.

If I compile this document locally with ConTeXt "2022.11.18 13:22":

   \showframe

   % \definefontfeature[default][default][expansion=quality]
   % \usetypescript[modern-base]
   % \setupbodyfont[reset,modern]
   % \setupalign[hz]

   \starttext
       Hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
       hello hello hello.
   \stoptext

I get slightly different spacing than I do when I compile the same
document on live.contextgarden.net. If I compile the document with the
lines uncommitted on live.contextgarden.net, I get the same results as I
do on my local installation with the lines commented.

Personally, I think that enabling hz expansion by default is probably a
good thing, but this change will affect a very large number of documents
and you never mentioned it in the announcement email, so I suspect that
it was accidentally added when you added the math hz.

Thanks,
-- Max