[NTG-context] annotated equations

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Fri Nov 18 22:00:01 CET 2022

On 11/18/2022 5:25 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2022, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
>
>> Here’s an interesting example for annotated equations, done with LaTeX/TikZ:
>> https://mastodon.social/@sibin/109349703357749846
>>
>> I guess something similar is possible with node anchors in ConTeXt/MetaPost?
>
> Yes, this is possible using node anchors and \hpos etc. The interface is slightly cumbersome, mainly because you have to make sure that anchors are unique.
>
> I sometimes use such constructs in my presentations, but not often enough to build a nice interface as the latex package provides.
eventually there will be something as part of the math upsate (we also
have some stuff for matrices already) but only documenting can make if
final (as then we check consistency); the problem is not the interface
but to *not* mess up the math spacing that we want to be 'perfect' if
such features are used without the need to interfere