[NTG-context] annotated equations

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Thu Nov 17 14:25:42 CET 2022

On 11/17/2022 1:46 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Here’s an interesting example for annotated equations, done with
> LaTeX/TikZ:
> https://mastodon.social/@sibin/109349703357749846
>
> I guess something similar is possible with node anchors in
> ConTeXt/MetaPost?
Mikael and I played plenty with annotating formulas as part of all this
math stuff (part of exploring interference with spacing which is
something we don't want cq. bother users with); for inline, display and
matrices

but as usual it's demand driven so it is pending 'documenting' and
'interface improvements' ... it's not like users are screaming for these
features and there are no projects that drive them so "yes, it's there,
but you need to check the examples (in the source)"

the priorities are currently: math tweaks (+ fixing some fonts), new
math manual, additional trickery, mixed with stimulating metafun

(attached a quick and dirty copy of one of our many todo docs)

Hans

(who every time he sees something called 'mastodon' has to smile and
remember reading
https://eu.palmbeachdailynews.com/story/entertainment/2020/10/16/carl-hiaasen-writes-pythons-palm-beach-and-potus-new-book/3667047001/)