[NTG-context] Xml filtering in Lua

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Nov 17 11:56:34 CET 2022

> On 17. Nov 2022, at 11:04, Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> so, basically you collect data and use it later ... for huge datasets that saves some time
>
> if you have only chapters to process you can even decide to flush in that function
>
> Hans

I think this is exactly the approach I’m looking for: collecting everything in Lua tables and then retrieving and typesetting it later. I’m experimenting with it right now. I will have to define a proper lxml.command for every xml tag, I guess; otherwise, the xml gets serialized? I’ll play some more and will certainly be back with questions :-)

Thank you, as always, and all best

Thomas