[NTG-context] \autoinsertedspace fails following \nbsp under LMTX

Rik Kabel ConTeXt at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Nov 17 06:43:04 CET 2022

ConTeXt  ver: 2022.11.14 22:58 LMTX on W11 x64

I have been testing the recently added \autoinsertedspace, and I found
an odd failure.

The following compiles with \nbsp commented as shown, but once that line
is active, the compilation fails:

    lua error:
             callback error:
    ...MTX/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/font-hsh.lmt:151:
    table index is nil

It fails differently in MkIV (but it is nice to see that the new command
has been backported):

    luatex warning  > node filter: error:
    ...MTX/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/node-nut.lua:380:
    Attempt to node.direct.remove() a non-existing node

    %<------------------------------------------------------

    \starttexdefinition unexpanded New
       \dodoublegroupempty
       \doNew
    \stoptexdefinition
    \starttexdefinition doNew #1#2
        \removeunwantedspaces
        \ (#1|–|#2)
        \autoinsertedspace
    \stoptexdefinition

    \starttext

       ABC 0\New{123}{456} 789

       ABC
    % \nbsp
       0\New{123}{456} 789

    \stoptext

Am I doing something wrong here? \nbsp is needed to prevent improper
line breaks.

--
Rik