[NTG-context] Xml filtering in Lua

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 16 18:33:07 CET 2022

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for pointing this out! I knew this was true inside the xmlns namespace, so you can’t have identical xml:id tags, but you’re probably right that it’s better to avoid this confusion altogether. Alas, this doesn’t help with my problem. Since there was a type in my minimal example from my experimentations, I include a corrected version, avoiding the identical tags

All best

Thomas

\startbuffer[test]
<document>
  <topics>
     <topic t:id="test1">
	<title>This is the first test</title>
	<date>22/11/16</date>
     </topic>
     <topic t:id="test2">
	<title>This is the second test</title>
	<date>22/11/17</date>
     </topic>
  </topics>
  <chapters>
     <chapter ch:id="test1">
	<content>
	  This will be the content of the <emph>first</emph> chapter.
	</content>
     </chapter>
     <chapter ch:id="test2">
	 <content>
	  This will be the content of the <emph>second</emph> chapter.
	 </content>
     </chapter>
  </chapters>
</document>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:testsetups
       \xmlsetsetup{#1}{*}{-}
	\xmlsetsetup{#1}{document|chapters|chapter|content|emph}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:testsetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:document
	\xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:chapters
	\xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:chapter
	\xmlfunction {#1} {chapter}
	 \xmlflush {#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:chapter:content
	\xmltext {#1} {content}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:emph
  {\em \xmlflush {#1}}
\stopxmlsetups

\startluacode
function xml.functions.chapter (t)
	 local ch_id = t.at.ch:id
		local metadata = xml.filter (t, '../../topics/topic[@t:id=="%s"]', ch_id)
		print (inspect(metadata))
		lxml.command(t, ".", "xml:chapter:content")
		context.par ()
		context (ch_id)
		context.par ()
end