[NTG-context] OpenBSD binaries

damien at thiriet.web4me.fr damien at thiriet.web4me.fr
Fri Nov 4 09:24:50 CET 2022

Hi,

I have two question regarding OBSD binaries:

1)
the building farm holds two binaries: current -stable version (or
-release?) and the previous version.
Since upgrading OBSD with sysupgrade is very easy, but AFAIU works only
to upgrade from version (n-1) to n where n is current relase number, I
wonder if it wouldn't easier to maintain binaries only for the current
version: keeping the OS up to date is strongly recommended.

https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Flavors

This might ease OBSD binaries management.
What do other OBSD users think about it?

2) AFAIU, sources are now available for downloading.
I understand it would be possible to make a package build for my system,
so that I can upgrade OBSD without having to wait for the next binaries
upload.
* binaries are quite small, so they should compile quite quickly. Am I
right?
* I believe Mojca has already a compiling script. Where can I find it?
* which adress should I point to fetch the sources for compilation?

Best regards,

Damien Thiriet