[NTG-context] \definemeasure / \dimexpr

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Nov 3 22:43:41 CET 2022

Am 03.11.22 um 21:51 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
> On 11/3/2022 9:32 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
>> I’m constantly struggling with dimension calculations. Is there
>> anything I can read about the possibilities and limitations?
>>
>> e.g. with
>> \definemeasure[PageWidth][132mm]
>> none of the following works:
>> \definemeasure[FlapWidth][0.8 * \measure{PageWidth}]
>
> use \measured (with a "d" to get a dimension)

Only in expressions like that or always?

In https://source.contextgarden.net/syst-aux.mkiv
it looks like \measured returns a dimension, while \measure returns a
string (\the\measured), is this right?

So I should use \measure{} in setup keyvals, and \measured in dim
expressions?

Now, when I use calculated measures for a page size, I get:
"""
You can't use '\dimexpr' in horizontal mode
"""

Hraban