[NTG-context] What to do when ConTeXt not revealing the error details?

Joel uaru99 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 02:46:34 CET 2022

I have a very large document that, when compiled, produces a PDF, but reports the error "mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1".
The PDF can open, but after about 100 pages in, the content starts appearing all in the wrong place.
Usually when I compile, it says there is an error, and I just scroll up until I find the details. I've scrolled through the output, and *.log file, but cannot see anything that looks like an error.
It could be that just because the document is so long (about 1200 pages), I can't find the error among the huge logs, but I looked through them all carefully.

How can I isolate the error when ConTeXt isn't showing it? Is there some setting for showing only errors, or revealing more details about an error?

--Joel