[NTG-context] issue with variable font

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Oct 23 15:14:41 CEST 2022

Dear list,

I have the following sample (using current latest from 22022.10.22 11:23):

  \definefontfeature
    [book]
    [axis={weight=700}]
  \definefontfamily[mainface][rm]
    [Commissioner][features={default, book}]
  \setupbodyfont[mainface, 25pt]
  \starttext
  \startTEXpage[offset=1ex, align=center]
  EFT ΕΘΞ

  \blank[quarterline]
  \dontleavehmode
  \externalfigure[commissioner][width=.25\textwidth]
  \stopTEXpage
  \stoptext

The external figure is the output from Inkscape 1.1.2. I attach the
generated PDF document from the source above.

The variable font from Commissioner can be downloaded from
https://github.com/kosbarts/Commissioner/releases/download/1.000/Commissioner_1.000.zip.

ConTeXt seems to misread the font strokes (paths [or whatever the right
name might be]), since Inkscape has no problems with it.

Could anyone be so kind to confirm the issue?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo