[NTG-context] new upload

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Mon Oct 17 09:46:31 CEST 2022

On 10/17/2022 8:43 AM, Otared Kavian via ntg-context wrote:

> I use Lucida in my documents and did not notice any problem with the integrals and other large operators.
> Do you mean in the future I have to update to a new version of Lucida (and pay again…) or will future versions of LuaMetaTeX handle correctly large operators typeset in Lucida ?

I think there is some free upgrade policy. In general the old font
should work ok given that one can live with the (current) inaccuracies
(ance it's done there will be an article about the improvemnets that
clarifies things).

We already concluded long ago that the suite of math fonts is somewhat
inconsistent (between and within fonts). We try to deal with that as
good as possible and believe that we have found the right mixed
approach. If needed we can catch averythign in the goodie files but we
try to minimize it so once this is all settled down, we can improve
specific font related issues based on {\em realistic} user mwe's as we go.

Concerning large operators .. it worked before so ... the main reason
why in e.g. euler it failed was a configuration option (euler fonts will
be fixed too) which is a side effect of more advanced script anchoring
in lmtx.

> The issue I observed with the new upload of 2022.10.15 is that the presentations I typeset with the simpleslides module are broken after three pages, but could not set up a minimal working example to send to the list. Those presentations are typeset correctly with previous versions.
> Has Metapost changed some crucial settings ?
some mp->tex interfacing macros were upgraded but that should not really
matter much so i need an example of what goes wrong (quite some month
ago we fixed some left/right page related interfacing but that should
not affect single sided documents)