[NTG-context] new upload

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Oct 17 03:38:20 CEST 2022

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022, Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 6:07 PM Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
> <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 14 Oct 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I uploaded a new version. Apart from a few fixes / extensions already
> > > mentioned here (or known to those who wanted it) the main changes are in
> > > the math goodie files (work in progress, we will clean them up later) as
> > > part of improving the rendering of math.
> >
> > Something is wrong with the placement of limits around an integral with NeoEuler:
> >
> > \usetypescriptfile[euler]
> >
> > \definetypeface[mainfont][rm][specserif][CharisSil][default]
> > \definetypeface[mainfont][mm][math] [eulernova][default]
> > \definetypeface[mainfont][tt][mono] [dejavu][default] [rscale=0.8, features=none]
> > \setupbodyfont[mainfont,10pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \startTEXpage[offset=1mm]
> >   $\displaystyle \int_{0}^{1} f(x) dx$
> > \stopTEXpage
> > \stoptext
> >
> > gives the attached result.
>
> This is because the integral "sits wrong" in its boundingbox. Almost
> all fonts have the glyph centered around the math axis, but there are
> a few that doesn't. In euler-math.lfg, add the tweak
>
> {
> tweak = "fixoldschool",
> },

This fixes the issue with eulernova, but not with pagellaovereuler. pagellaovereuler uses euler-with-pagella-math as a goodie file, but that is missing from the distribution. (I simply copied euler-math.lfg for my use case).

With tweak=fixoldschool, \startcases doesn't work correctly (see attached):

\usetypescriptfile[euler]

\definetypeface[mainfont][rm][specserif][CharisSil][default]
\definetypeface[mainfont][mm][math] [eulernova][default]
\definetypeface[mainfont][tt][mono] [dejavu][default] [rscale=0.8, features=none]
\setupbodyfont[mainfont,10pt]

\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=1mm]
  \startformula