[NTG-context] new upload

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 19:03:26 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 6:07 PM Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
<ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I uploaded a new version. Apart from a few fixes / extensions already
> > mentioned here (or known to those who wanted it) the main changes are in
> > the math goodie files (work in progress, we will clean them up later) as
> > part of improving the rendering of math.
>
> Something is wrong with the placement of limits around an integral with NeoEuler:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[euler]
>
> \definetypeface[mainfont][rm][specserif][CharisSil][default]
> \definetypeface[mainfont][mm][math] [eulernova][default]
> \definetypeface[mainfont][tt][mono] [dejavu][default] [rscale=0.8, features=none]
> \setupbodyfont[mainfont,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage[offset=1mm]
>   $\displaystyle \int_{0}^{1} f(x) dx$
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext
>
> gives the attached result.

This is because the integral "sits wrong" in its boundingbox. Almost
all fonts have the glyph centered around the math axis, but there are
a few that doesn't. In euler-math.lfg, add the tweak

{
tweak = "fixoldschool",
},

In fact, we have not updated the euler goodie file for a while it
seems. I think there are more things that can be improved. Hopefully
before next release.

It can also be mentioned that some fonts (Daniel Flipo was quick to
fix concrete, erewhon and kpfonts) was fixed recently regarding this,
and it is reported on and fixed in development of Lucida.

/Mikael