[NTG-context] (any) neovim users?

Alan Braslau alan.braslau at icloud.com
Sat Oct 15 00:16:52 CEST 2022

On Fri, 14 Oct 2022 18:59:24 -0000 (UTC)
Nicola via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> Yours is a valid concern, but maintaining (Neo)Vim plugins is
> a community effort. I took over the development of the ConTeXt plugin
> because I wanted to improve the support for ConTeXt in Vim, and at the
> time the plugin had no active maintainer. In the same way, an
> unsatisfied user might take over the development of a ConTeXt plugin
> for NeoVim, or maybe even for both systems. Anyone can submit a
> patch, and I would welcome a co-maintainer, or even someone who would
> like to take over. I alone simply do not have enough capacity to wet
> my feet in two rivers.
>
> Indeed, if you or someone reading this would like to steer the
> direction of future development of those plugins, let me know!

I thank you and any/everyone in the community who contributes in an
way, and of course my question was not meant as a critique of any tool
or package or plugin.

In fact, I do *not* use any plugin functionality such as async
typesetting. I do find syntax (color) highlighting helpful, sometimes
(when it works ;-) It generally presently has many problems.

Neovim integrates a lua parser. Unfortunately, I believe that it is
still lua 5.1. Nevertheless, it could possibly benefit from the
(maintained) lpeg Context syntax parser.

Getting an error message now with %@context is annoying. Hopefully,
somebody on this mailing list may know and care something about this.

Alan