[NTG-context] Spacing in \unit - SOLVED

Gavin gavinpublic at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 13:52:35 CEST 2022

Hi Oli,

> Thank four your effort. I found out, that the following definition of a new unit, i called it SI, results also in a correct spaceing in the math environment:
>
> \defineunit[SI][alternative=text]
>
> It seems, that the option alternative=text solves the problem with no spaces between value and unit in the math environment.

That is a terrific solution that doesn’t require any messing with phys-dim.mkxl. You do not need to define a new unit. I got your result using this line:

\setupunits[alternative=text]

This fixed the most significant problems with \unit in most situations. I’m still applying some of my solutions as well.

Thanks!
Gavin