[NTG-context] ConTeXt Standalone does not works on macOS Monterey with Apple M2 chip

Tommaso Gordini illinguista1972 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 09:23:51 CEST 2022

Hello list,

I'm trying to install ConTeXt Standalone on my Mac (macOS 12.6 Monterey and
Apple M2 chip) but at the end of the installation the ConTeXt-MkIV folder
(where I install Standalone) on the disk weighs only 7MB (the tex tree is
created, but its folders are empty).
I've never had a problem installing it on my old computer (Intel processor).

Do you know if it is a known problem?

These are the commands I used (taken from the wiki):

rsync -av rsync: //contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
sh ./first-setup.sh --modules = all --fonts = all --goodies = all --context
= latest --engine = luatex

Where am I wrong?

LMTX installation, on the other hand, should be successful (the folder
weighs 297.8 MB, as much as the Standalone one should weigh).

Thanks in advance.
Tommaso