[NTG-context] LMTX generates PDFs with non-working fonts on real printers

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 6 16:23:52 CEST 2022

On 10/6/2022 2:42 PM, Leah Neukirchen wrote:

> But I also found yet another printer model that doesn't print:
> the HP Color LaserJet 4700 (Model Q7492A, Firmware 20060821 46.031.1).
>
> Since you seem to own the only printer that works ;) would
> you be so kind and share which model you have?

We have a HP ColorFlowMFP X585 full-width highspeed duplex inkjet
printer (a couple of years old, always prints ok). So far we never heard
of printing failures elsewhere.

> I also wondered whether bisecting the snapshot-repo would work.
> But I only have one LMTX binary; this font handling should be all in
> lua code tho?

It makes no sense to compare luametatex and luatex .. it's different
machinery.

Btw, some in the thread mention issues (like bad looking heros shapes)
but in your case there is no print at all, so that is different. Isn't
there some error log in these printer?