[NTG-context] LMTX generates PDFs with non-working fonts on real printers

Leah Neukirchen leah at vuxu.org
Tue Oct 4 14:35:52 CEST 2022

Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> writes:

> what is sent to the printer .. maybe not pdf but something the printer
> driver produces

For the Ricoh and Samsung printers, we printed the raw PDF directly
over JetDirect (port 9100).  For the Brother, the "upload PDF"
function was used.  So no outside printer drivers involved.

If I run it through Ghostscript, that somehow fixes it:
gs -dPDF -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=print.pdf foo.pdf

But Ghostscript also seems to rewrite the font, at least in FontForge
it shows a different scale.

Are there any tools to analyze this CID font stream?

--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah at vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org