[NTG-context] LMTX generates PDFs with non-working fonts on real printers

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Tue Oct 4 04:16:05 CEST 2022

On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 07:17:10PM +0200, Leah Neukirchen via ntg-context wrote:

>When I print this "directly" (i.e. sending the raw PDF to the printer)
>on a Ricoh MP3053 or on a Samsung CLP-680DW, I just get an empty page.

I believe that is the exact same problem I have and that I described a
few days ago in my email with subject "Missing letters and numbers in
printout".  I have some grids on my document, which gets printed out,
but nothing else does.

>The PDFs render fine on every PDF reader I could find.

Same here.

>PDFs generated directly from Context MKIV from TeXLive 2022 using
>LuaTeX 1.5 render fine on these printers.
>I've also printed PDFs from pdfTeX in the past fine.

Same here.

>Any ideas what I should try to help debug this?

I was told that this is the default now, that isn't going to change, and
that I could always use LuaTeX instead.  I could also use LaTeX, I
guess, but I'd rather keep using ConTeXt at least while my old 32 bits
OpenBSD installation works.

Cheers,
Ángel