[NTG-context] LMTX generates PDFs with non-working fonts on real printers

Leah Neukirchen leah at vuxu.org
Mon Oct 3 19:17:10 CEST 2022


Hi,

I use LuaMetaTeX 2.10 20220918 + ConTeXt LMTX 2022.09.11.

Here's a tiny test document, I disabled PDF compression but it also
doesn't work with the default settings.

\setupbackend[level=0,compresslevel=0]
\starttext
Just a line of text.
\stoptext

When I print this "directly" (i.e. sending the raw PDF to the printer)
on a Ricoh MP3053 or on a Samsung CLP-680DW, I just get an empty page.

The PDFs render fine on every PDF reader I could find.

Conversion to PostScript with pstopdf (poppler-22.07.0) and then
sending the PS renders the document correctly on the printer.

PDFs generated directly from Context MKIV from TeXLive 2022 using
LuaTeX 1.5 render fine on these printers.
I've also printed PDFs from pdfTeX in the past fine.

I attached the non-working 'foo.pdf.mkix'
and the working 'foo.pdf.mkiv' file.

I tried to disable font subsetting to debug this further, but I
couldn't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas what I should try to help debug this?

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: foo.pdf.mkxl
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 8826 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20221003/ede26519/attachment-0002.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: foo.pdf.mkiv
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 8397 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20221003/ede26519/attachment-0003.obj>
-------------- next part --------------

cu,
-- 
Leah Neukirchen  <leah at vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/


More information about the ntg-context mailing list