[NTG-context] Math alignment question

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:08:58 CEST 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
<ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022, Jeong Dal via ntg-context wrote:
>
> > Dear Mikael and Hans,
> >
> > Recently, you introdued the new command “\alignhere, \breakhere, \skiphere” which works fine.
> >
> > Since I usually use the following code that is adopted from My Way(Mathalign.pdf), I’d like to know that there is a way to use “\alignhere, \breakhere, \skiphere”  for the case below?
> >
> > \startformula\startalign
> > \NC A \NC = 3 \NR
> > \NC B \NC = 5 \NR
> > \stopalign\stopformula
>
> The way I see it is that the current implementation is that it is way to break a _single_ long equation to multiple lines. For multiple equations, you still need to use the \startalign method.

Indeed, that is the case. These formulas are done for single chain
equations. The example given above consists of two formulas, and the
new broken formula type simply does not fit. You can play with more
than one \alignhere, but they will only set new align points. I think
\startalign ... \stopalign is the way to go there. If it is cumbersome
to type all the \NC and \NR one could in principle thing of similar
input as for the simple matrices. Your example then would become

\startalign
A, = 3;
B, = 5;
\stopalign