[NTG-context] PDF viewer

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:52:03 CEST 2022

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 8:08 PM Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <
ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I compiled a kind of wishlist what we need or look for in a new or
> enhanced open source PDF viewer, as discussed e.g. at the 2021 meeting.
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_viewer

slightly off-topic
1)   gs has a new pdf viewer
 https://www.ghostscript.com/blog/pdfi.html
but of course I think that they push on mupdf

2) EBookDroid - PDF & DJVU Reader is a very nice pdf viewer for android,
especially on 10" tablets. It's based on mupdf.

It seems that mupdf is more suited to be embedded into / used for
embedding   other programs:
latest mupdf (1.20, iirc)  has a js console and  I think you can interact
with the viewer -- sort of the js console of the browser;
I haven't seen how yet, perhaps you can add objects on the fly to the
documents, in this case one can think of embedding a
small luatex (no harms,  after all mupdf it's already a big binary) and add
(pdf)objects by scripting.

--
luigi