[NTG-context] Latest ConTeXt won't "--make"

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Wed Sep 14 09:35:07 CEST 2022

Hi Mikael,

> I don't see this problem with the latest. Moreover, I think the
> version of luametatex was pushed to 2.10, so there might be a
> mis-match in your case. I hope it helps.

I just tried updating again, and it says that I'm up to date, but:

   $ luametatex --version
   This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.09.62

   Execute 'luametatex --credits' for credits and version details.

   There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by the terms
   of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later
   version. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
   and the LuaMetaTeX source.

   Functionality : level 20220825
   Support       : context at ntg.nl
   Copyright     : The Lua(Meta)TeX Team(s) (2005-2022+)

   The LuaMetaTeX project is related to ConTeXt development. This macro package
   tightly integrates TeX and MetaPost in close cooperation with Lua. Updates will
   happen in sync with ConTeXt and when needed. Don't be fooled by unchanged dates:
   long term stability is the objective.

   $ context --version
   mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 1.04
   mtx-context     |
   mtx-context     | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/context.mkiv
   mtx-context     | current version: 2022.09.11 20:44
   mtx-context     | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/context.mkxl
   mtx-context     | current version: 2022.09.11 20:44

the engine/format appear to be mismatched. Manually updating the engine
with:

   $ sudo wget http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luametatex

   $ luametatex --version
   This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.10.00

   Execute 'luametatex --credits' for credits and version details.

   There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by the terms
   of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later
   version. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
   and the LuaMetaTeX source.

   Functionality : level 20220918
   Support       : context at ntg.nl
   Copyright     : The Lua(Meta)TeX Team(s) (2005-2022+)

   The LuaMetaTeX project is related to ConTeXt development. This macro package
   tightly integrates TeX and MetaPost in close cooperation with Lua. Updates will
   happen in sync with ConTeXt and when needed. Don't be fooled by unchanged dates:
   long term stability is the objective.

has solved the issue. I'm not sure why the the engine wasn't updating,
but it appears to be fixed now.

Thanks,
-- Max