[NTG-context] searching in the source browser

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Sep 5 21:07:03 CEST 2022

On 9/5/22 20:28, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi, this is probably for Taco:
>
> Is there a possibility in the source browser to search for macros
> (\something) or anything containing dots (logs.errors)?
> Because neither “simple” nor with Lua patterns I get any results.
>
> E.g. I wanted to look for all trackers and/or directives.

Hi Hraban,

has it to be the source browser?

I mean, I use grep in Linux (MSYS2 in Windows [and brew.sh is available
for macOS]) and it works perfectly fine with ConTeXt.

  $ grep -irl fi[eë][eë] context
  context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/char-def.lua
  context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/lilypond/t-lilypond.tex

Althought regular expressions are fine, I don’t know why "fi[eë]+"
doesn’t work in this case.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo