[NTG-context] zint module on LMTX

Michal Vlasák lahcim8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:23:27 CEST 2022

On Sun Sep 4, 2022 at 1:25 PM CEST, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> although i don't like top do it i cloned the zint repos and tried to
> compile (after migrating the proj file to vs2022) but it fails on some
> png.h file missing and i see no way to disable png)

Sorry, I don't have native windows compiler to test, but the options you
probably want with zint's cmake are:

    -DZINT_USE_PNG=OFF -DZINT_USE_QT=OFF

For example I use:

    cmake -S . -B build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DZINT_USE_PNG=OFF -DZINT_USE_QT=OFF

from the root of repository. IIRC older versions may not support
-S for source directory and -B for build directory so something like you
had can be used:

    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake -DZINT_USE_PNG=OFF -DZINT_USE_QT=OFF ..

The ZINT_USE_PNG cmake option decides whether to pass -DNO_PNG to the
compiler. In my repository I don't use zint's cmake at all, and compile
the files manually (though also with cmake), and I set NO_PNG
unconditionally:

   https://github.com/vlasakm/context-optional-libraries/blob/12085e89688332d2d672471ea47ef9a2c066a14f/CMakeLists.txt#L58

On Sun Sep 4, 2022 at 1:43 PM CEST, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> For some reason i get
>
> CMake Error: Unknown argument --toolchain

For older versions following should work:

    -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cross-windows.cmake

instead of the newer:

    --toolchain cross-windows.cmake

Michal