[NTG-context] Hebrew punctuation with SBL Hebrew

denis.maier at unibe.ch denis.maier at unibe.ch
Wed Aug 31 12:06:27 CEST 2022

Hi,

I’m running into something weird with Hebrew punctuation. Consider the example below. SBL Hebrew gives me incorrect results when there’s a vaw with a holam = וֹ  just before a chet with a patach = חַ => the patach below the chet ist misplaced.
If I remove the holam from the vaw, everything looks ok. Oddly, in Linux Libertine I get the correct results in both cases. Does anyone know what the problem is here? User error? A bug in SBL Hebrew (which would be very odd since that font should be designed specifically for that kind of stuff). A missing seeting?

Best,
Denis

\definefontfamily[notok][rm][SBL Hebrew][features=hebrew]
\definefontfamily[ok][rm][Linux Libertine O][features=hebrew]

\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]

\starttext

Ok:
{\switchtobodyfont[notok]
חִיוּחוחַ