[NTG-context] Parallel texts: verse with blanks between stanzas via tabulate

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Fri Aug 26 23:26:56 CEST 2022

Am 26.08.22 um 22:00 schrieb Denis Maier via ntg-context:
> Hi,
>
> I need to typeset two poems side by side. Usually, I use the tabulate
> environment for typesetting parallel texts. However, for poems this does
> not quite work as tabulate does not seem to allow blanks between the
> stanzas. See MWE below. Am I missing someting? Is there a better way to
> achieve this?

How about columnsets or paragraphs?

\definecolumnset[Zwei][n=2]
\startcolumnset[Zwei]
\startlines
Starlight, star bright,
first star I see tonight;
\stoplines
\column
\startlines
I wish I may, I wish I might
have the wish I wish tonight.
\stoplines
\stopcolumnset

\defineparagraphs[Zwei][n=2]
\setupparagraphs[Zwei][1][
   width=.45\textwidth, distance=2em,
   align={verytolerant,stretch}]
% width of 2nd column is calculated automatically

\startZwei
\nextZwei
\stopZwei

Hraban