[NTG-context] No error when loading a non-existent module

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Fri Aug 26 09:49:21 CEST 2022

On 8/26/2022 3:00 AM, Max Chernoff wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Thu, 2022-08-25 at 08:57 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 8/25/2022 2:19 AM, Max Chernoff via ntg-context wrote:
>> But ... you can already do
>>
>> \enabledirectives[logs.errors=*]
>>
>> or
>>
>> \enabledirectives[logs.errors=missing modules]
>
> Didn't know about that, thanks.
>
> However, this still continues processing the document and produces a PDF
> at the end. All that that seems to do is make ConTeXt exit with a non-
> zero status code, which is fairly easy to ignore if you're not paying
> attention.
>
> Is there a way to make this produce a nice little "error" PDF as soon as
> the error occurs just like using "\undefined" does?
I added logs.quitonerror as alternative:

% \enabledirectives[logs.errors=*]
\enabledirectives[logs.quitonerror=missing modules]

\starttext
     \usemodule[crapcrap]
     TEST
\stoptext

error logging   > start possible issues
modules         > start missing modules
modules         >       *-crapcrap
modules         > stop missing modules
error logging   > error marked as fatal
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

That has to do, no default,