[NTG-context] Question to footnote settings

Tomáš Hála tomas.hala at mendelu.cz
Thu Aug 25 11:52:12 CEST 2022

Hi all,
I am struggling with the width of a footnote number area. I would like to ask how can I set it dynamically based on the width of the largest number on a given page.

Without width I get two different footnote texts widths (compare #9+10).
With width there is a redundant space on the left (see p. 1).
(Number alignment to the right is required.)

Thanks in advance for some hints.

Tomáš

MWE:
\setupnotation[footnote][
  alternative=left,
  width=1em,
  numbercommand={\hfill\high},
]
\starttext
\showframe[text][text]
\dorecurse{6}{This is a text.\footnote{\dorecurse{12}{Blah blah blah. }} }
\page
\dorecurse{6}{This is a text.\footnote{\dorecurse{12}{Blah blah blah. }} }