[NTG-context] How can I make a Gentoo Linux package for ConTeXt LMTX?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Wed Aug 24 23:32:09 CEST 2022

On 8/24/2022 10:21 PM, Michal Vlasák via ntg-context wrote:

> Or rather no solution would be needed at all, since the "mtxrun" and
> "context" wrapper commands and "texmfcnf.lua" files will be probably
> specific for each packaging target (different directories on different
> distros, and Unix vs Windows), and thus the matter of packagers. And
> copying a binary and a directory with runtime files is the usual task of
> an install step of "package descriptions", so maybe even a Makefile like
> I had wouldn't be needed.

just a note: the mtxrun[.exe] and context[.exe] commands are not really
wrappers but symlinks to the binary luametatex[.exe]  (i didn't test if
mtxrun.lua and context.lua can be symlinks but that are to be in the
same path in order to be seen)

one can actually use the default texmf.cnf if one sets TEXMF or one of
its companions .. they default to be autoparent which is natural for tds