[NTG-context] Is rendering furigana over horizontal or vertical japanese text doable in ConTeXt?

黄复雄 aahuaang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:21:13 CEST 2022

Dear Hans.
Thank you very much for so many examples and guidance.

In fact, I have read one of the examples in the followingup.pdf,
and the https://github.com/Fusyong/vertical-typesetting module I made
is based on the example.

The examples all worked after I changed the font settings according to
my Win10 OS;
and surprisingly, the ruby module also worked with \setscript[hanzi]
 (they don't work together in the example Mr. Wolfgang provided).
The only problem is that the offsets of glyphs are a bit inaccurate,
which may be related to the font,
and I will look into it further.
The examples I have adjusted are attached,
and the output PDF of them is not attached for being too big to the
limit of 100 KB.
(Just now I received a reply from the mailing list system asking to
adjust a over-length email,
I mistakenly thought it was about the one to Mr. Wolfgang, so that one
was duplicated and submitted,
please deal with it.)

By the way, I've finished checking and adjusting type-imp-mscore.mkiv,
scrp-cjk.lua, and char-scr.lua so far,
but the changes are a bit much (or maybe you can say a bit reckless),
so I'm hesitant to get back to you in order to minimize your troubles.
And as mentioned partly in an earlier email, I've made 3 modules that
support Chinese
(about vertical-typesetting,  Jiazhu or inline cutting note and punctuation)
and I'd be happy to contribute them to the ConTeXt project repository
when they're ripe,
if that's in line with the project policy. Your comments and guidance
are very welcome.

Best regards,
                     Huang Fusyong(黄复雄)

Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> 于2022年8月22日周一 00:20写道: